Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I guess I should start training...

I've been diligently pulling in some serious money for our 3-Day Walk, almost to goal.  Getting so excited reading about the first 2011 3-Day happening last weekend in Boston.  My Dallas walk still seems so far away, yet it's in only 15 weeks and I have yet to begin serious training.  If it wasn't 90-100 degrees EVERY DAY for most of the summer I would have been pounding the pavement with the double stroller and getting my walks in.  But, I know that it will happen soon, it has to...  Honestly I wouldn't have any problem getting out in the heat, but I have some darling wee ones that would be dreadfully hot and miserable and I would hate to put them through that.  Plus, with all my physical therapy appointments robbing me dry of all my babysitting money I can't stand the thought of paying a babysitter to sweat it out in the heat.  But, somehow it has to be done.  Get my treadmill serviced?  That should probably be on the top of my list.  It's definitely not the same as hitting the pavement, but it would certainly be a start.  Plus, in a couple of weeks school starts again and I will have a whole day to myself for my long walks.  I will cherish it.  Until I realize that walking 15 miles by myself will be seriously boring.  It's not like running where I am too out of breath to talk to anyone and music is my lifeline.  Plus, long walks take a significant amount of time.  Much longer than running.  Gosh, am I complaining?  Making excuses?  This is when I need to remember that people with cancer have no choice but to put their head down and burrow through it.  IT being chemo, radiation, weight gain, hair loss, loss of appetite, loss of revenue, medical bills up the kazoo, an uncertain future...etc. etc. etc.  I guess I'll be calling for a service repair man to tune up my treadmill. 

So, in reading up on the Boston 3-Day last weekend, I heard that the Bostonians raised $4.8 million dollars last weekend.  1,700 walkers in 90 degree heat walked Boston.  I bow to you!!


Only 9% more until goal...

0 comments: