Monday, August 15, 2011

Life is good!

So much to be thankful for.

Recently a sweet neighbor stopped in front of my house while the children and I were enjoying popsicles on a very hot St Louis day.   She had some good news to share.  "I got my tickets!"  She exclaimed happily with a bright smile on her face.  "Tickets?"  I asked.  "To Dallas!  I got my tickets to go to the Race!"  I think my jaw dropped.  My neighbor who has been so supportive in my fundraising, was going to be at the 3-Day for the Cure to watch Brady and I walk.  We are amazed and so excited to think that we will have someone in the cheering station!  In 2007 at my first walk I realized how important those cheering stations were.  It was so fun walking past the crowds of people, giving high-fives, being handed treats, stickers and water (from some hot firefighters.  Literally hot.  It was blazing that day...)  :) .  The only thing that would have made it better was having someone to cheer us on that we knew.  This year we will!!  I am still hoping that my sister and her family will be able to cheer us on as well.  We didn't know to ask them at our last walk!

The biggest news...$2,300 is a decent sized fundraising goal and when it is doubled that is pretty lofty.  I would think that some would get a little overwhelmed at the prospect of raising almost $5,000.  It is a happy day today.  We reached our goal!!!  $4,800 has been raised and sent directly to the Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure organization.  It will help pay for life-saving treatments and research, cancer prevention information and screenings.

Lastly school is starting today!  My Carter will be in Kindergarten!  How fun for him.  He will love being able to experience all that his big brother has been telling him from his 4 years experience in elementary school.  Nick will be in the 4th grade (which is amazing to me as well.  Middle school is right around the corner!)  It will be the twins school day as well.  In 7 hours all 4 children will be in school.  I will be home alone to sleep (I work the night shift) and train train train.  My long walks are now going to be on Tuesdays since I will be fully rested and have a full kid-free day!  Wednesday-Friday we will be taking our shorter walks (the twins and I) because it will be easier for them to be in the heat the shorter amount of time.  Luckily the weather has started cooling and it is getting easier to be out there.

So,  good news abounds.  I feel so blessed right now.  Life is good.


0 comments: