Thursday, October 13, 2011

Where to start...

After raising $4800.00 for breast cancer research I have further injured my back and I am unable to participate in the SGK 3-Day for a cure walk this year in Dallas.

I have a history of back issues and in August I sustained another injury.  I have been in physical therapy off and on for over a year and a half and was starting to experience some pain-free days.  But, with the latest injury I haven't been able to recover and each day has consisted of heat or ice, stretching/core exercises and lots of meds.

I petitioned to Susan G Komen to allow my team to transfer our registration to 2012, knowing that as a rule they do not allow this.  Thankfully, after my case was reviewed the transfer was granted.  I am really sad about not being able to walk in 3 weeks, but I want it to be a good experience and I don't want to end up in an ED after attempting to walk when I'm not physically able to do so.

I want to thank EVERYONE that helped us with our fundraising.  I hope you forgive us for not walking this year, but trust me we WILL walk next year and it will be documented so that you can hear all about it.  Pictures will be posted too.  Lots and lots of pictures.  :)  So, thank you!  Susan G Komen was still given all $4,800 and putting it to good use.  Hopefully, to find a cure for breast cancer soon!!

On a positive note, my husband promised to take me somewhere fun that weekend since we already have babysitting lined up.  We will get some much needed alone time to relax a bit before a big move back to SEATTLE!!

0 comments: